If your next vehicle absolutely has to have American design, American heritage and American power (though not necessarily be built in America, that's another list
), BusinessWeek has some suggestions for you. The business magazine scoured through every domestic car, SUV, truck, and van and picked the top 12 domestic winners in each segment..
Without further ado, the 12 best American vehicles are:
- Small Car: Ford Focus
- Sedan: Chevrolet Malibu
- Wagon: Ford Focus Wagon
- Minivan: Dodge Caravan
- Small Truck: Dodge Dakota
- Large Truck: Ford F-150
- Luxury Sedan: Chrysler 300
- Mid-Sized SUV: Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Luxury SUV: Jeep Commander
- Supercar/Exotic: Saleen S7
- Special: Ford Escape Hybrid
- Special: Dodge Viper SRT10 (pictured)
What do think of the list? Bulls-eye or just a bunch of bull?