GM has officially priced its king of bling, the 2007 Cadillac Escalade, with an MSRP of $57,280 for the AWD version. Despite being a completely new vehicle inside and out, the price is actually a carry-over from the 2006 model thanks to GM’s new value pricing structure. A power liftgate, remote starting, side-curtain airbags, and a Bose 5.1 Surround audio system are just some of the new features that come standard now on the ‘Slade.
Follow the jump for GM’s full press release.
[Source: GM] Cadillac Announces Pricing For The All-New 2007 Escalade
Detroit- Cadillac announced today that pricing for the all-new 2007 Escalade, scheduled to hit dealerships in February, will start at $57,280 manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) including destination charges for the all-wheel drive variant available at launch. This price for the 2007 Escalade represents a carry-over entry price relative to the outgoing 2006 Escalade while the vehicle is all-new inside and out. The 2007 Escalade provides several new features as standard equipment including; a power liftgate, remote starting, side-curtain airbags, Bose 5.1 Surround audio system and others adding thousands of dollars to the content value of the all-new Escalade.
“Offering our more dramatically styled, greatly refined and higher performance all-new Escalade at a starting price equal to the current generation Escalade should certainly attract luxury consumers’ attention and help Cadillac continue to dominate the large luxury utility segment,” said Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager. “The new 2007 Escalade boldly begins the next phase of Cadillac’s renaissance.”
The all-new 2007 Escalade is thoroughly upgraded from its predecessor with a new chassis, powertrain, safety systems and a distinctive, refined, luxury car-like interior. These integrated systems deliver the most powerful and most efficient luxury SUV in the segment, led by a new 6.2L all-aluminum V-8 engine with variable valve timing technology delivering 403 horsepower (301 kw) and 417 lb-ft of torque.
2007 Cadillac Escalade vehicle highlights include:
- All-new distinctive exterior design
- All-new, Escalade exclusive, spacious interior with superior refinement
- A new 403 horsepower 6.2L all-aluminum small-block V-8 with VVT providing improved fuel efficiency
- Efficient six-speed automatic transmission with Drive Shift Control
- Stronger frame chassis with responsive coil-over-shock front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering for the best ride and handling in the segment
- Standard roof-mounted head curtain side air bags and StabiliTrak stability control system with new rollover mitigation technology
- Bose 5.1 Digital Surround audio system, including available navigation radio with touch-screen control
- A myriad of luxury features available including factory installed 22" chrome wheels, climate controlled front seats, power fold and tumble 2 nd row seats, remote start, power articulating running boards, power liftgate and IntelliBeam headlamps
- Enhanced four-wheel disc brake system
- Improved fuel economy