The whine of the turbocharger. The gentle whoosh of the hatchback's hydraulic lift supports. The mechanical ratcheting and clack of the parking brake. The growling exhaust note with that occasional gurgle.
Volkswagen GTI Reviews
We're something of a broken record on Volkswagen's TDI family of diesels – torquey and efficient, they're really well-suited to the way Americans drive. We put that sentiment to a year-long test with a Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition not long ago, and enjoyed our time in what was basically an oil-burning GTI with a trunk. That is, until an unsolved catastrophic engine failure saw VW yank it away after just eight months. They subsequently replaced our Cup Street with a bog-standard Jetta TDI (
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX