BMW and Zagato decided that their initial collaboration on the Zagato Coupe, which debuted just three months ago at the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este, was so successful that an encore was called for. The result is this, the Zagato Roadster, which was conceived, designed and produced in the remarkably short time of six weeks to be ready for its debut this weekend at the 2012 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.
It could be said that no auto show is as glamorous as the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este. Held on the picturesque shores of Lake Como in northern Italy, the annual concours is sponsored by BMW. So it only stands to reason that the Bavarian automaker wouldn't let the show come and go without making a splash on its own.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX