Yokohama debuted its new ADVAN ENV-R1 orange oil-infused racing tire at the Porsche GT3 Challenge at Sebring a few months back. At the time, the company promised to have new tires using the eco-friendly technology on the market for consumer use in short order. Apparently, that time is now. According to Dan King, Yokohama vice president of sales:
Prior to last weekend's race at Sebring, we told you about Yokohama's plan to debut their ADVAN® ENV-R1™, a new kind of tire that uses orange oil to displace about 10 percent of the total amount of petroleum used in the making of the rubber. Now that the race is over, we're naturally wondering how the new tire technology fared in competition. Apparently, rather well.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies