The Formula Cross YFC 450, a rally kart based on the Yamaha YFZ 450 ATV from 2002-2013, has been priced at $7,500, but that's for the build-it-yourself kit and doesn't include taxes or shipping. If you want Formula Cross to put it together for you, something you might want to consider since the kit includes 40 items plus hardware, that will be an extra $1,350 after you've delivered it to their facility.
Although the vehicle sliding through the image above looks something like a cartoonified World Rally Championship Ford Focus, it is actually an ATV – the Yamaha YZF 450 Raptor, at right – turned into a miniature rally car. The transformation comes courtesy of Formula Cross, a company that wants to create an entry series into motorsports or weekend-warrioring that's more open, and kinder on the body, than karting. From what we can tell, the brains behind the machine is none other than
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX