If there's a niche in the automotive market, BMW simply must fill it. And such is the case with the forthcoming X4 – a new crossover reportedly set to rival the Porsche Macan in terms of style, packaging and performance. The production X4 will reportedly launch in the United States in early 2014, and according to Autoweek, it will first be shown in concept form at the Detroit Auto Show next January.
The automotive landscape must be stacked to the sky with kindling right now. It seems like it takes little more than a spark of interest in one odd duckling of a model to create a wildfire of a new segment. From the monsoon of crossovers currently drowning our fair nation's freeways to weird hatch/crossover/sedan creations like the BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo and Honda Accord Crosstour, market segmentation is all the rage right now, and it doesn't look like it'll be slowing up anytime soon.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX