The skill displayed by drivers in the RallyCross competition at X Games, particularly with the jump, makes it easy to forget just how dangerous the sport can be. Everyone was reminded of that earlier today, however, when Finnish driver and X Games rookie Toomas Heikkinen shorted the 50-foot gap, crashing into the steel ramp. Heikkinen's Fiesta eventually landed upside down, and fluids leaking from the car caught fire after he exited the car.
X Games Rally
1 / 1
1 / 1
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX