After taking last week to review the record category for World's Fastest Production Car, Guinness World Records has reconfirmed that the holder of this hotly contested superlative remains the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.
Worlds Fastest Production Car
Last week, the Hennessey Venom GT laid claim (unofficially) to the world's fastest production car with a top speed of 265.7 miles per hour, but more importantly, it brought to light that the previous record holder, the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, may have had an unfair advantage. According to Hennessey, the Veyron SS that topped out at 267.8 mph back in 2010 had a modified speed restrictor, and The Sunday Times is reporting that Guinness World Records agrees.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX