General Motors has signed a purchase agreement for the Durant-Dort Carriage Company factory in Flint, Michigan for an undisclosed sum. Calling the location "Factory One," GM President of North America Mark Reuss said he isn't sure what will be done with the site yet, but when it's "reborn" it will "be great and it's going to be something we can all be proud of - GM and Flint."
General Motors can be pretty ham-handed when it tries to manipulate public opinion. The latest gaffe involves the company's newest advertising campaign, bragging to the public that it paid off its $8 billion in government loans. Listening to those ads you might be misled into believing that GM had paid off everything. But it never mentioned the other $42 billion that taxpayers poured into the company.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX