Racing driver Jeff Zwart picked up a 1953 Porsche 356 Pre A to use as a historical prop in a Cayenne commercial, then decided to keep it when the filming was done. Then, explaining to filmmaker Will Roegge that his vintage toy does really well in slippery conditions, Zwart throws it around in the Colorado snow – on pencil-thin studded tires on 16-inch wheels – to prove the point.
Drifting's been off the front pages for a while, the latest reports having more to do with turmoil than tire shredding. As with most things, though, just because it's not headlining doesn't mean it's disappeared. NOS energy drink sent one of our favorite filmic chroniclers, Will Roegge, across the country to survey the drifting world. The result is a mini-documentary called Keep Drifting Fun.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX