Spy Shots: Wiesmann prototype out for a spin – Click above for high-res image gallery
Automakers don't celebrate birthdays like the rest of us. While we might blow out some candles and down a few beers with our friends, carmakers occasionally make special editions of their best offerings. And when it's a niche automaker like Wiesmann, you know you're going to want one.
The first time we saw a Wiesmann driven in anger, we couldn't make heads or tails of it. The designer seemed to be living in the 40s, with a misguided view of what future sports coupes would look like. However, on the engineering side of things, it was pure pistonhead porn. The GT model, with its uncompromising suspension and inline-six from the E46 M3, was masterful.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX