Wheego Whip LiFe – Click above for high-res image gallery
Ruff and Tuff Electric Vehicles Inc. (RTEV) has spun off its Wheego Electric Cars division. Wheego's first car, the low-speed Whip (pictured), should be available in late July (yes, that's a delay). According to Wheego, about 100 people have pre-ordered the $18,995 car that's not-a-Smart.
Earlier this year, word was that the Wheego Whip was supposed to be available here in the U.S. in May. Looks like July is the new delivery date, so hold on if you want your smart fortwo clone minicar NEV. If you're saying, the "whee-go what now?", the Whip is an all-electric low-speed vehicle that is made in California but based on a platform that comes from China's Shuanghuan Automobile. According to Wheego, there are about 100 pre-orders for the $18,995 not-so-Smart car.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies