Wheego Whip LiFe – Click above to watch video after the jump
Wheego Whip Ev
Ruff and Tuff Electric Vehicles Inc. (RTEV) has spun off its Wheego Electric Cars division. Wheego's first car, the low-speed Whip (pictured), should be available in late July (yes, that's a delay). According to Wheego, about 100 people have pre-ordered the $18,995 car that's not-a-Smart.
Earlier this year, word was that the Wheego Whip was supposed to be available here in the U.S. in May. Looks like July is the new delivery date, so hold on if you want your smart fortwo clone minicar NEV. If you're saying, the "whee-go what now?", the Whip is an all-electric low-speed vehicle that is made in California but based on a platform that comes from China's Shuanghuan Automobile. According to Wheego, there are about 100 pre-orders for the $18,995 not-so-Smart car.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX