The term "Batmobile" is one that gets thrown around a lot in automotive circles. Pretty much anything black and sinister is described as the Dark Knight's new ride. But aside from the handful of custom vehicles made for the various TV shows and movie installments over the years – ranging from campy to badass – few have been truly worthy of the name. Enter the Wiesmann MF5 Black Bat.
We haven't touched on German coachbuilder Weismann in over a year, so we're pleased to revisit the niche manufacturer with some good news in hand. After 12 years of operation Weismann has produced its 500th Roadster model. While that may not seem like a lot after a dozen years with the doors open, consider that Weismanns are hand-built to each customer's specifications and go for well north of $100,000 US dollars. Power for Weismann vehicles is provided by BMW inline-six and V8 engines. Many see
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX