Q. What do the Tennessee Valley Authority, General Motors and Waste Management have in common?
Waste Management, the garbage-collecting giant, is adding 4 hydraulic hybrids to its Fort Worth fleet for a bit of field testing. The trucks, which were launched about 6 months ago, are from Peterbilt and use the Eaton Hydraulic Launch Assist (HLA) system to store much of the energy used in braking to help launch the vehicle forward when its time to go again. Not only can the truck reduce its fuel use up to 30 percent, according to William Jackson of Peterbilt, but the hydraulic innovation can d
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies