For those of you impatiently waiting for the VW Jetta Sportwagen, there's something new over at VW.com to keep you busy a few more days. Along with photos of the car inside and out, there are stats, options and a base price that's closer to the true price than the rough estimate we had before. Entry-level price for the anxiously-awaited wagon is $24,500. The site says you get an 8-speaker stereo with aux-in, ABS and traction control for that number.
As expected, Volkswagen will introduce its Jetta Sportwagen in New York this week and we say it's about time, guys. Two years is too long. VW says to look for this sporty 2008 5-door in dealers this August with a 170-hp, 2.5-liter 5-cylinder engine at first. The Germans will then offer the 2.0T 4-cylinder pumping out 200 hp. In January, VW promises a 2.0-liter diesel variation, as well.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX