A improperly assembled seal for a sensor can lead to fires in the 2012-2014 Passat TDI, and VW is recalling them to fix the problem.
VW Passat Tdi
The schism that separates the European-market Volkswagen Passat and its American-built cousin is evidently only set to widen, as renderings have officially been released showing off the next-generation Euro-market Passat sedan, and it looks quite different than our larger, less costly family sedan. That's especially true up front, where it wears an aggressive scowl thanks to a chrome strip that forms a brow over the piercing headlamps and grille.
Here's the thing: it takes a lot of practice to drive like a true hypermiler. The 2013 VW Passat TDI Clean Diesel with a manual transmission, for example, has an EPA estimated 31 city/43 highway mile per gallon rating. Hypermiler Wayne Gerdes thinks the car is good for at least 68 mpg.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX