Back in April, Volkswagen showed its New Midsize Coupe concept at the Beijing Motor Show, previewing a new, sub-Passat model for the Chinese market. Now, Auto 163 has stumbled upon what appear to be the first shots of the production model, and while it doesn't stray too far from the original concept, as expected, some of the flashier styling cues have been toned down.
WRCB Chattanooga is fast becoming the go-to source for info on Volkswagen's upcoming New Midsize Sedan, a.k.a. the NMS. They were the ones who brought us a rather unrevealing video from Berlin containing a few morsels of information about this car that will slot in between the Jetta and Passat. The local Tennessee station does have a vested interested in NMS news, as the new sedan will be produced exclusively in North America at Volkswagen's new plant being built in Chattanooga.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX