Contrary to what you may have assumed, the Volkswagen Golf was not named after the sport. Rather, when the car was being developed as the successor to the Beetle, "Golf," which is German for "Gulf," was meant to pay homage to the Gulf Stream, a powerful and swift Atlantic Ocean current.
VW Golf Tsi
North America is about to be inundated with new Volkswagen Golf models. The new GTI hits dealers in June, and VW is following it up with the standard Golf and Golf TDI in August. The new hatchback kicks things off with a special Golf Launch Edition starting at $18,815, after an $820 destination charge.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX