Contrary to what you may have assumed, the Volkswagen Golf was not named after the sport. Rather, when the car was being developed as the successor to the Beetle, "Golf," which is German for "Gulf," was meant to pay homage to the Gulf Stream, a powerful and swift Atlantic Ocean current.
VW Golf Tsi
- Chris Bruce
- May 12, 2014
North America is about to be inundated with new Volkswagen Golf models. The new GTI hits dealers in June, and VW is following it up with the standard Golf and Golf TDI in August. The new hatchback kicks things off with a special Golf Launch Edition starting at $18,815, after an $820 destination charge.
- 2018 Mustang GT does 0-60 in under 4 seconds
- How dealers are price-gouging Dodge Demon
- New Car Buying Guides
- 2018 Honda Accord is sleeker, more efficient
- Mercedes X-Class pickup truck revealed
- Find and compare 2017 Models