Slides laying out the cheating scheme have reportedly been uncovered in the investigation into VW.
A German report claims that Martin Winterkorn received a letter admitting to the defeat devices two weeks before the diesel emissions scandal went public. This was just the latest allegation that the automaker knew about the problem ahead of time but didn't tell the public.
Audi will offer A3 TDI owners in the US an identical Goodwill Package as Volkswagen to show appreciation for their patience during this emissions scandal. The participating customers will receive a $500 Visa, a $500 dealer gift card, and three years of 24-hour roadside assistance.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX