Volvo has transitioned from R-badged cars delivering increased performance to R-Design vehicles carrying more visual horsepower, but no additional underhood muscle. Volvo's R-Design models are well-trimmed and attractive, and Volvo wants to see if there's interest in an S80 wearing more athletic trappings. A tentative step toward a full-blown R-Design S80 is being tried in the UK, where an R-Design interior package is available on Volvo's top sedan.
Volvo R Line
Back in April, Volvo announced it was canceling its high-performance R-badged models altogether after 2007 due to poor sales. While the R models may be going, Volvo has reportedly decided to begin offering a new sports package for its cars that will be called the "R-Line". Just like Audi's crop of S-Line models, the R-Line cars from Volvo would feature visual enhancements, interior upgrades, and some light mechanical tweaks including stuff like bigger wheels, lower profile tires, suspension and
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!