In some cities, garbage trucks, with their rackety diesel engines, wake up the entire neighborhood. For the heavy-duty trucks in Volvo's FE Hybrid lineup, though, noise is not an issue, at least not at when moving slow enough. You see, the FE trucks are parallel hybrids and can operate at low speeds using just the electric motor and lithium-ion battery pack. The diesel engine is only called upon when the driver smashes the accelerator pedal or when the truck's battery pack runs out of juice.
Volvo Hybrid Truck
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models
Volvo Hybrid Truck Questions
There are no questions about this topic.Be the first to ask!