Back in 2008, Volvo launched its DRIVe range of vehicles in Europe. At that time, the Swedish automaker claimed that every DRIVe model would offer "best in class consumption" and "lowest CO2 emissions levels." The Volvo C30, S40 and V50 were the first models to be tagged with the DRIVe badge, but they wouldn't be the last.
Volvo has managed to snag 2009's number one branded Facebook app and the 17th most installed app (well, that's what the automaker claims anyway. The unofficial All Facebook application leaderboad doesn't list them in the Top 100) with its "DRIVe Around the World" campaign. Back in November, Volvo invited Facebook users to virtually "drive" the new C30 to their friends houses, and 63,000 facebook teams gave it a go.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies