On the first day of its Chevy Volt media drive program, GM officials confirmed speculation that the Volt's 1.4-liter gas engine does help drive the wheels of the car, "in low torque situations," according to Volt chief engineer Andrew Farah. "It's all about efficiency," he said. GM is using a version of its two-mode hybrid transmission that allows for a so-called "power split" mode that connects the crankshaft of the gas engine to the Volt's two electric drive motors by means of a planetary gea
1 / 1
1 / 1
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
There are no questions about this topic.Be the first to ask!