Earlier this year, word was General Motors would add something like 900 to 1,000 jobs and a second shift to its Detroit-Hamtramck plant to increase production of the Chevy Volt from 16,000 a year to 60,000. With Volt sales not exactly smashing records, the AP is now reporting that GM will delay adding that second shift until mid-2012. The plant makes more than just the Volt, and the new shift will coincide with the start of 2013 Chevrolet Malibu production.
1 / 1
1 / 1
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX