2011 Chevrolet Volt – Click above for high-res image gallery
On the first day of its Chevy Volt media drive program, GM officials confirmed speculation that the Volt's 1.4-liter gas engine does help drive the wheels of the car, "in low torque situations," according to Volt chief engineer Andrew Farah. "It's all about efficiency," he said. GM is using a version of its two-mode hybrid transmission that allows for a so-called "power split" mode that connects the crankshaft of the gas engine to the Volt's two electric drive motors by means of a planetary gea
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX