After being announced a year ago, production of the Volkswagen Golf in the carmaker's plant in Puebla, Mexico has begun on the fiftieth anniversary of the company's official arrival in the country. It was 60 years ago that VW commenced exports to Mexico, formally making a home there on January 15, 1964 by establishing Volkswagen de Mexico as an importer. Thirteen years later, Puebla began its legendary run of Beetle manufacture.
Volkswagen Puebla Mexico
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!