Volkswagen Golf Blue-e-motion – Click above for high-res image gallery
Volkswagen Electric Cars
Today in Berlin, Volkswagen unveiled the first of 500 electric drive Golfs produced for a consumer test that starts next year. The battery powered Golf was shown at the launch of the National Platform for Electric Mobility, a public-private partnership to promote electric vehicles in Germany.
Like most other automakers, Volkswagen is ramping up its electrification efforts and part of that is putting someone in charge. VW announced today that it has hired Dr. Karl-Thomas Neumann for the newly-created slot of Group Chief Officer for Electric Traction. Neumann, who was most recently chairman of supplier Continental, will report directly to VW Chairman and CEO Dr. Martin Winterkorn. During Neumann's tenure at Continental, that company also continued its efforts to get into the electric d
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX