Volkswagen NCC patents – Click above for high-res image gallery
It seems that we'll be getting a new Jetta sedan next June, and it apparently won't be a slightly restyled Golf with a trunk grafted to the rear end. According to Car and Driver, VW's so-called New Compact Sedan, which will be built at the same Mexican plant that assembles the current Jetta, will indeed retain the Jetta nameplate.
The formerly described "Passat 4-door 'Coupe'" is now just the Volkswagen Coupe. A teaser site has been launched that doesn't reveal too much, except, frankly, a car that looks in detail much like a Phaeton. It's reported that the engine choices to start with will number exactly two: a 1.8-liter 160-HP unit, and a 300-HP unit. Other engines are expected online in the Fall of '08.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX