The last time we saw a real racing driver pitted against a professional gamer, Viagame threw one of each in a Renault Megane RS and the contest was staged as the pro driver navigated the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona. That could be seen as a handicap for the gamer, since he's got to get his drive on while dealing with all sorts of unfamiliar G-force sensations that are out of time with what he's doing. Even so, the gamer won.
The Nissan GT Academy has proven that hardcore gamers can become real-life racers, but Viagame wanted to see what would happen if a gamer raced head-to-head against a racer... in real time. To accomplish this, Viagame recruited a top gamer from Sweden and put him up against a racer for a one-lap sprint around Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX