Almost one month ago, we reported on a BMW investigation into a potentially defective bolt that lived in the company's VANOS variable valve timing system. At that point, the potential recall was seemingly limited to Chinese-market cars; the company was filing a recall application with Chinese officials.
After receiving an unspecified number of complaints in China, BMW has reportedly started a "full investigation" into what may be a defective part in its VANOS engine control system. BMW said via a Chinese blog that it would file a recall application with the the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine in China.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX