var digg_url = 'http://digg.com/business_finance/First_Drive_of_the_New_Holden_VE_Ute'; Our friends at PickupTruck.com have posted a "first drive" report on the new Holden VE Ute, and from the sounds of things, we really, really want Bob Lutz's GMC Caballero idea to come to fruition. The wheelman for PickupTruck.com was Aussie scribe James Stanford of GoAuto, and in addition to giving us the particulars about the slick, car-based pickup, he also gives us a quick backgrounder on Australian ute
Reader Patrick McCarron sent us a link to the LS1GTO.com Forums, where one of the posters there uploaded a few shots of a pair of Holden VZ Utes that took part in the fun at the Woodward Dream Cruise. The Ute shown above appears to be the hot-rodded HSV Maloo R8 version, and the one you'll see after the jump is is the regular SS Ute.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies