The University of Toronto managed to win the ninth Shell Eco-Marathon Americas this weekend with an amazing 3,421 mpg.
At the 2014 Shell Eco-marathon Americas in Houston this past weekend, Canadian teams took the top two spots in the gasoline Prototype category. The winning team, from Université Laval, managed to hit 2,824 miles per gallon (mpg), just a few drops ahead of the second-place team, the University of Toronto, which finished with 2,712 mpg. Last year, the winning team got 3,587 mpg. The winning fuel economy figures have ranged in the past all the way up to and over 8,000 mpg.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX