Toyota is facing down a lawsuit that cites unintended acceleration as the cause of several accidents and a greater-than-normal reduction in resale values. Due to recent findings by NASA, Toyota now has more ammunition for its legal efforts to get these allegations dismissed.
Unintended Acceleration Toyota
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is now estimating that 89 deaths may be attributable to unintended acceleration in Toyota vehicles here in the United States between the year 2000 and May of 2009. Previously, it was reported that 52 deaths were possibly related to the throttle defect.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX