Deciphering the new vocabulary of the green car movement can sometimes be a real head scratcher. To alleviate as much confusion as possible, we would like to present our readers with a list of common acronyms and what they mean, with plenty of links for more information. If you have some TLAs (that's three-letter acronyms) that you'd like us to add to our glossary, just let us know in the comments.
If you're like me, then all of the EVs (SULEV, ULEV, PZEV) attached to new car emissions descriptions are sort of baffling. The EVs are vehicle emissions standards in the state of California, but have gained popularity because they're easy to use and help salespeople sell cars to gals like me who wear their Birkenstocks to the dealership. Here's the scoop on what the different standards refer to:
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX