UAW Secretary-Treasurer Dennis Williams has officially been nominated to take over the union from President Bob King, whose term is set to end in June. The nomination of Williams is big for a number of reasons, not least of which is because the 60-year-old has never actually worked in an automotive factory. Instead, he got his start with Case, building tractors, and joined the union in 1977.
- Brandon Turkus
- Nov 8, 2013
- Zach Bowman
- Apr 1, 2013
The Detroit News reports that the United Auto Workers union has seen membership increase for the third straight year. The organization is now 382,513 members strong, which marks a jump of about 1,800 over 2011. That doesn't include workers who are represented but don't have a contract with the union.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models