Tesla Motors has big plans for China and has already started taking reservations from the mainland for its Model S. One man, however, has a jump on the rest of his 1.3 billion fellow citizens, having taken delivery of the first example thought to have made it into the country. And it only cost him about $410,500 for the bragging rights.
- Domenick Yoney
- Oct 29, 2013
- Danny King
- Sep 13, 2013
Tesla Motors chief Elon Musk has never been one to shy away from a big stage, so it's only fitting that the California-based electric-vehicle maker puts itself on the world's biggest. The company is making its Model S luxury sedan available in China, confirming to China-based microblogging site Weibo that it's taking reservations for the car, CNN reports.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models