It'll be a landmark running for the Indianapolis 500 later this month, as the event celebrates its 100th anniversary as the premier open-wheel racing event in America. All of which only gave some fans more reason to be ticked off when Donald Trump was announced as this year's pace car driver.
Some observers criticize F1 (and motorsports in general) for its racial homogeny. Aside from the notable exception of some Japanese drivers (and Williams test driver Narain Karthikeyan) the field of grand prix pilots is almost entirely white, with the majority of drivers coming from Europe.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX