In many ways modern, Dubai seems like some sort of science-fiction utopia. It emerged from the Middle East's desert seemingly overnight with some of the largest buildings in the world and it has police supercars patrolling the streets. It's not all perfect, of course, and like many cities, it's facing a mushrooming traffic issue. But officials may not deal with this growing congestion problem in a traditional way: the emirate is reportedly considering banning the poor from owning cars.
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!