Smart made a splash last fall with the announcement that the base price of the all-electric Fortwo Electric Drive would be $25,000, making it the cheapest EV in the US. After getting a lot of attention with that number, Smart has been communicating with potential customers to make sure that the launch this spring (no date has yet been set) will be exactly what people want. Smart USA General Manager Tracey Matura is certainly planning for success.
The Smart booth at this year's Detroit Auto Show features more than the iconic Fortwo. There is the For-Us pick-up concept, of course, and the Smart e-bikes that we first saw in Paris in 2010. New Smart USA general manager Tracey Matura said that this is all intentional, because all these things allude to an important question that Smart is trying to ask in the new auto industry.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX