Solar power is nothing new to Toyota, but the company's latest solar array does offer something new to North America: the largest such single-roof installation on the continent.
The second Toyota dealer in Europe powered completely by solar energy has opened in the south of Spain (Cádiz). The dealer, called Gamo Bahía, has installed photovoltaic cells to convert sunlight into electricity. The dealer generates 84,000 kWh of non-polluting electricity per year, which he claims eliminates 84 tons of CO2 that would otherwise be dumped into the atmosphere.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies