Toyota RAV4 EV – Click above for high-res image gallery
Like the fantastical Lexus QS you see above? (FYI, it's actually a Tesla Model S with Lexus badging). Any real-world car that blends work from both Tesla Motors and Toyota is unlikely, even though the two companies will be working together to build electric cars at NUMMI. In an amended IPO statement, Tesla revealed the following:
Yesterday, Toyota and Tesla announced that the two companies would be collaborating on electric vehicle development. Tesla will be taking over the NUMMI factory in Fremont, California, which was recently closed. Now, the United Auto Workers is urging Toyota to hire union workers to operate the plant, giving jobs back to the people who were rendered unemployed after the NUMMI shutdown.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!