Due to the weak value of the yen, Toyota is on track to have four times the per-vehicle profit of its US competitors, The Detroit News reports. Some allege currency manipulation gives the automaker an edge.
Toyota Earnings Forecast
Automotive News reports Toyota saw a sizable jump in third-quarter North American sales and has adjusted its global forecast accordingly. All told, the Japanese automaker sold 598,000 units in North America during the last quarter, marking an increase of 45 percent over the same time period last year. As a result, operating profit in the region also increased to $807.1 million, though Toyota also credits much of that figure to additional output. The company stepped up North American production b
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX