A couple weeks ago, we watched a Chevrolet Silverado get dominated by a Dodge Ram Heavy Duty in a fullsize pickup tug-of-war, but in that truck's defense, Chevy's Vortec gas engine was no match for the torquey Cummins turbo diesel. For our next round of vehicular tug-of-war, a Duramax-powered Silverado HD takes on Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI.
Touareg V10 Tdi
When we last talked about the Volkswagen Touareg, we noted the new facelifted fascia, the freshened interior, the addition of ABS Plus, enhanced ESP, and most importantly, the possible addition of the 5.0-liter V10 TDI as an available engine. Despite no firm news on that front, we did see a Jetta TDI tooling around that would meet the new ultra-low particulate emissions standards by using ultra-low sulfur fuel, fueling our hopes that this hot rod oilburner might make it Stateside. The recent ado
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX