Reports like this make us glad the Autoblog Podcast is audio-only. A new survey of British television viewers finds that the UK wants more smartly-dressed personalities and pundits. 1,000 people were asked their thoughts about fashion on the telly, and two-thirds of the Top Gear crew received the dubious honor of being called the scruffiest presenters on televsion. James May and Jeremy Clarkson apparently need to head to Carnaby Street and ditch the open collars and jeans.
Top Gear Richard Hammond
It's not pretty to watch once-popular shows and their stars drag things on years beyond their relevance. Everything that's hot, hip, and new right now -- the media creations that set tongues wagging -- they're all headed for their respective versions of Vegas Elvis. Even Top Gear, regarded by many to be the best car programming of all time, has a Bedazzled jumpsuit hiding somewhere in the wardrobe trailer.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!