Auto Bild reports that AMG is considering a successor the Mercedes SLR McLaren, debating whether to build a 650-hp front-engined or a 1,050-hp mid-engined coupe.
There's been talk of late about the technical partnership between Aston Martin and the AMG division of Mercedes-Benz going beyond engines to include Mercedes sports car and SUV platforms for the English brand, perhaps as a way to kickstart the development of a Lagonda SUV. But AMG CEO Tobias Moers, speaking to Top Gear, said that's effectively out of the question because, "No one has the time to discuss any more involvement than that for now."
Nature abhors a vacuum, and so does a management structure – especially at an automaker. So less than a week after Mercedes-Benz announced the retirement of sales chief Joachim Schmidt and the promotion of AMG boss Ola Källenius to fill his place comes the announcement of the new AMG chief.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX