And in the "one hand didn't know what the other hand was doing" department, we have this. Lithium-ion battery-pack maker A123 Systems received almost $1 million in federal funding the day it filed for bankruptcy, Reuters reports, citing a letter the company sent to Republican Senators John Thune and Chuck Grassley.
It's no secret that corn-state Senator Tom Harkin (D - Iowa) is a fan of ethanol. In 2006, Harkin and Senator Richard Lugar (R - Indiana) proposed an ethanol pipeline study. The DoT and the Association of Oil Pipe Lines studied a biofuel pipeline in 2007 and Kinder Morgan Energy Partners had no major problem sending ethanol down the pipe in 2008.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX