Perodua UK Limited, the importer of Piaggio Commercial Vehicles, has just announced that it's bringing the classic three-wheeled Ape back to the UK market. First introduced way back in 1948, the Ape (pronounced, ap-ey, FWIW, which is Italian for "bee." Vespa is Italian for "wasp") is based on the front end of a scooter but features an enclosed cabin for weather protection and two wheels out back.
- Sebastian Blanco
- Nov 4, 2008
Photo by runneralan2004. Licensed under Creative Commons license 2.0.
- Jeremy Korzeniewski
- Aug 18, 2008
Click above for more images of the Aptera Typ1 e
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models