General Motors has announced that it will add another shift at its Flint Assembly plant to produce more Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra heavy-duty pickups. The third shift is expected to add a full 750 new jobs, and the first wave of employees will begin arriving at the facility during the second quarter of this year. Production will ramp up in the third quarter. Right now, Flint Assembly employs 2,100 workers, and last year, the factory churned out 115,000 vehicles. GM says that the first wa
Two weeks from now, General Motors will start running its Fairfax assembly plant continuously on a permanent basis. The unprecedented around-the-clock operation, following on the heels of the temporary third shifts a few months ago, is intended to boost the plant's production from its current 4,500 vehicles per week to 6,300 units over the same period.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX